The prime objective of this application would be to observe the temporal behaviors of the land under going desertification with respect to the identified indicators vis. a vis. the severity of degradation in future
Environment is considered as a worldwide phenomenon, which is characterized with sensitive equilibrium between its components water, air and soil. The problem of desertification is arid and semi arid areas have a long history through past centuries. It has always been an overlap of long-term changes in climate and human activities. With the rising population and therefore growing consumption of the very limited resources, scope and intensity of interface with ecosystem by human activities growth rapidly leading to severe degradation of vegetation, soil and water resources, which compose the natural resource of human existence.
Application Customization Approach
Query Shell for Desertification Status Mapping module provides functionality to observe the temporal behaviors of the land under going desertification with respect to the identified indicators, the severity of degradation in future. The query shell provides user friendly GUI for database retrieval of desertification data. The prime objective of this application is to observe the temporal behaviors of the land under going desertification with respect to the identified indicators vis. a vis. the severity of degradation in future. This application allows user to view the status/map of the desertification on Administrative boundary (village, taluka, district and state). It provides the AOI selection facility to select the region of interest and query facility to query the Desertification data.
- Data management
- State data management
- District data management
- Taluka data management
- Village data management
- DSM Data layer assignment
- It includes state, district, taluka and village level wise assignment.
- User can also update the assigned layers.
- Viewing DSM Data
- User can view the DSM Data for different levels like state, district, taluka & village with the combination of different categories (Process, Luse Category, Severity).
- Generating and analyzing Primary Production Estimation
- Generating Primary Production Estimation, different types of images generated are taken as input and the result is store in image format.
- Primary production estimation can be generated weekly, monthly and daily basis.
Space Applications Center(SAC),ISRO, Govt. of India
Ambavadi Vistar P.O.,Ahmedabad